How to apply for UK Visa in Nigeria
- How to apply for UK visa in Nigeria
- How can I apply for UK visa in Nigeria?
- How much does a UK visa cost in Nigeria?
- Where is the UK embassy located in Lagos Nigeria?
- What are the requirements for applying for a UK visa for Nigerian citizens?
- Can I study in UK?
- Are Nigerians allowed to reside and work in UK?
If any of the questions above is going through your mind, you don’t have to ask them anymore because you will find all the answers to your question here. Read on to discover how to apply for UK Visa in Nigeria.
Like in most countries, foreigners are only allowed into UK if they have a valid visa. In this post, we are going to inform you on the necessary requirements you will need to present at the visa application center before you will be allowed entry into UK.
The United Kingdom
The United Kingdom, or UK as it is popularly referred to, is a vast region that is comprised of England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
The capital of England which also happens to be the largest city in the United Kingdom, London, is a very popular spot for tourists, visitors, students, business men and women, as well as foreigners looking for greener pastures in the UK. The official currency used for financial and economic activities is the Pound sterling (GBP; £).
If you’re still reading along, I believe that you’re interested in getting all the information you need concerning how to apply for UK visa in Nigeria. Below are the different types of UK visa available, and how you can proceed.
UK visa types
The following types of UK visa are available upon application to Nigerians seeking to travel to UK either for medical reasons, business purposes, studying, visitation, or for leisure and tourism.
- UK transit visa – This type of visa is usually issued to eligible applicants who intend to pass through UK to other destination. Processing time is between 15 – 90 days and the duration of stay is between 1 – 3 days.
- UK tourist visa – This type of visa is issued to eligible applicants who intend going to UK for tourism. Processing time is between 15 – 90 days and the duration of stay is 3 months or less.
- UK student visa – This type of visa is issued to eligible applicants who must have met all the necessary requirements and conditions for which a visa is issued. Processing time is between 15 – 90 days. Duration of stay is for the length of the applicants school program.
- UK business visa – This is the type of visa which is issued to foreigners going to UK for the purpose of doing business. Processing time is between 15 @ 90 days and duration of stay in the country is 6 months or less.
- Other types of UK visa – This includes visa types such as family visa, medical visa, press visa, and so on. Processing time is between 15 -90 days and duration of stay is anywhere between 3 – 6 months.
- UK resident and work permit visa – This type of visa is issued to foreigners who are eligible to live and work in UK for a stipulated period of time.
Note that actual visa processing times may vary depending on certain factors. In order to avoid a delay in the visa application process, please make sure to apply with only genuine copies of the documents listed below
General required documents
- A UK visa application form
- A valid national passport
- Recent passport photos
- Proof of payment of UK visa application fee
- Bank statement of account showing available funds capable of sustaining you through out your stay in UK
- Police clearance
- Health certificate from an accredited Nigerian hospital
- Flight and hotel booking confirmation
- Recent utility bill
- Other documents that can support your UK visa application
How to apply (step by step)
- Step 1: Register a user account here.
- Step 2: Fill the application form with your correct details
- Step 3: Pay the non-refundable visa fee according to the type of visa you want to apply for.
- Step 4: Book an appointment at visa application center here. You will receive an email confirming your appointment. The email shall also contain the required documents you are expected to take along. You will also be given a GWF number which you will use in registering on the TLScontact website.
- Step 5: Register your details on the TLScontact website. Without registering you will not be allowed to attend your visa appointment.
- Step 6: Attend your appointment and submit all the required information and necessary documents.
- Step 7: Wait for your application to be processed. You can track your visa application on the TLScontact website.
- Step 8: Collect your passport at the specified Visa Application Centre when you are notified to come for it.
Where to apply
Interested applicants who must have assembled all the documents listed as important requirements above can go to the UK visa application centers or embassies in Nigeria to carry out their UK visa application.
UK Embassy, Abuja
British High Commission in Abuja, Nigeria
19 Torrens Close, Off Mississippi Street, Off Shehu Shagari Way (North), Maitama Abuja.
Dangote House, Aguyi Ironsi Street
Maitama District Abuja.
Tel: (+234) (9) 462 2200
UK Embassy, Lagos
British Deputy High Commission
11 Walter Carrington Crescent, Victoria Island. Lagos, Nigeria
Tel: +234-1-2770780 |+234-1-2770781 | +234-1-2770782
How to book a UK visa appointment
To book a UK visa appointment, after your application, you would obtain your 12 digit GWF number, and proceed with the following:
- Select a date for the appointment
- Save as evidence, a confirmation mail showing the date and time of your appointment as well as the location where the Visa will be received
- You will also be told the application Centre and the documents that you should come along with
- On confirmation of appointment, print a copy of the appointment confirmation page
- Proceed for your visa appointment
For further information, suggestions, or for assistance, contact us by leaving a comment in the comments section below, or you can send us a mail and we will respond as soon as we can.
keep this page bookmarked (or saved) for more information regarding how to apply for UK visa in Nigeria, as well as how you can apply for visa for any country of your choice.